As an endurance coach, you probably have a bunch of calculations you like your clients to make to determine various data points to help them improve their performance. As a small business owner you are probably also wondering how to drive more traffic to your website so you can get more leads and new customers.
Instead of sending your clients to other peoples websites to get these values from calculators an effective way to achieve both goals is by embedding endurance sport calculators on your website.
Continue reading the blog or you can listen to the audio version on our podcast
Having these tools on your own website can help your clients make important endurance calculations, but also potential new clients visiting your website instead of your competitors'. In this blog post, we'll discuss the benefits of adding these calculators to your website and how you can create a more engaging experience for your clients.
We are currently in the early release stage of our calculators that any coach can embed on their website for free. You can get on the early access list here.
In the mean time, here is a guide how having calculators on your own website can help with your coaching business.
Benefits of Endurance Sport Calculators
- Increase website traffic: By offering valuable and useful calculators on your website, you'll encourage clients and potential clients to visit your site frequently. This increased traffic can lead to higher search engine rankings and more visibility for your coaching services.
- Improve client retention: When your clients can access essential endurance calculations directly on your website, they're more likely to stick around and keep using your services. You'll be providing them with a valuable resource that they won't find elsewhere.
- Enhance your professional image: Offering valuable tools on your website demonstrates your commitment to staying current with the latest technology and trends in endurance sports. Your clients will see you as a knowledgeable and resourceful coach.
Creating Engaging Content Around Calculators
It’s not enough to just have these calculators on your website, to truly maximize the benefits of these calculators, it's crucial to create content that explains their purpose and benefits for your clients. Here are some tips to help you create this content:
- Explain the purpose: Provide a clear and concise explanation of what each calculator does and why it's essential for your clients' training. For example, a heart rate zones calculator can help athletes identify their optimal training zones for various types of workouts, ensuring they train at the right intensity.
- Share the benefits: Highlight how using these calculators can improve your clients' performance. For example, a heart rate zones calculator can help athletes fine-tune their training plans, leading to more effective workouts and better race results.
- Offer practical examples: Use real-life scenarios to demonstrate how these calculators can be applied in training and racing situations. This will make it easier for your clients to understand the value of the tools and how they can use them in their own training. For instance, you could share a case study of an athlete who used the heart rate zones calculator to use in their training plan and saw significant improvements in their race performance.
- Include step-by-step instructions: Make it easy for your clients to use the calculators by providing clear, step-by-step instructions. This will ensure they get the most accurate results and have a positive experience using the tools.
For best search engine results you should just have one calculator per page, this will make it more specific to what potential new customers are searching for online. This is because customers are more likely searching for things like “MAF Heart Rate Zones Calculation” than they are for more generic things like “Endurance sport calculators”.
Let’s use our MAF Heartrate zones as an example. Here is some sample content you might include on your calculators page on your website to give visitors more context about the calculator but also improve your chances of getting more traffic from search engine results.
Title: Master Your Training with Phil Maffetone's MAF Heart Rate Zones Calculator
Developed by Dr. Phil Maffetone, a renowned expert in endurance training and sports nutrition, the MAF (Maximum Aerobic Function) Heart Rate Zones Calculator is a powerful tool designed to help endurance athletes optimize their training by identifying their personalized heart rate zones. By understanding these zones, athletes can ensure they train at the right intensity and maximize their performance. In this article, we'll provide a detailed overview of the MAF Heart Rate Zones Calculator, explain its benefits, offer practical examples of how it can be used to enhance your training, and delve into the method adjustments options.
Purpose of the MAF Heart Rate Zones Calculator
The MAF Heart Rate Zones Calculator, based on Dr. Phil Maffetone's method, is specifically designed to determine your individual heart rate training zones based on your age and fitness level. By using the MAF Method, the calculator helps athletes identify their optimal aerobic training zone, where the body primarily relies on fat for fuel. Training within this zone promotes the development of a strong aerobic base, which is crucial for endurance sports performance.
Benefits of the MAF Heart Rate Zones Calculator
- Personalized training plans: Using the MAF Heart Rate Zones Calculator allows athletes to tailor their training plans according to their unique heart rate zones. This customization ensures that workouts are both effective and targeted towards individual goals.
- Improved endurance performance: Training within the MAF heart rate zone, as recommended by Dr. Phil Maffetone, helps athletes build a robust aerobic foundation, leading to better overall endurance and race results.
- Injury prevention: By monitoring heart rate zones during training, athletes can avoid overtraining and reduce the risk of injury.
Method Adjustment Options
The MAF Heart Rate Zones Calculator provides options to adjust the MAF Method based on your fitness level and health. These adjustments help personalize the results further to cater to individual needs:
- No adjustment (default setting): This option is suitable for most athletes with consistent training and no significant health problems. The default setting calculates the MAF heart rate using the standard formula: 180 - your age.
- Recovering from major illness or chronic overtraining: If you have or are recovering from a major illness (heart disease, any operation or hospital stay, etc.), are in rehabilitation, are on any regular medication, or are in Stage 3 (chronic) overtraining (burnout). This will subtract an additional 10 bpm.
- Injured, regressed, not improving or inconsistent: If you are injured, have regressed or not improved in training (such as poor MAF Tests) or competition, get more than two colds, flu or other infections per year, have seasonal allergies or asthma, are overfat, are in Stage 1 or 2 of overtraining, or if you have been inconsistent, just starting, or just getting back into training. This will subtract an additional 5 bpm.
- Training consistently for up to 2 years without problems: If you have been training consistently (at least four times weekly) for up to two years without any of the problems mentioned in a) or b), no modification is necessary. This will calculate MAF as 180 minus your age.
- Improving without injury for more than 2 years: If you have been training for more than two years without any of the problems listed above, have made progress in your MAF Tests, improved competitively and are without injury. This will add 5 bpm.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Using the MAF Heart Rate Zones Calculator
- Use the calculator included below.
- Enter your age in the appropriate field.
- Adjust the 'MAF Method Adjustment' based on your fitness level and health (use the options explained above to make the appropriate selection). Click on the help icon for context inside the calculator itself
- Click the "Calculate" button to generate your MAF heart rate zones.
- Use the provided zones to plan and execute your training sessions, ensuring you train at the appropriate intensity for your goals.
The MAF Heart Rate Zones Calculator, based on Dr. Phil Maffetone's expertise, is an invaluable tool for endurance athletes
Adding endurance sport calculators to your website can provide numerous benefits for your coaching business, from increased traffic to improved client retention. By creating engaging content around these calculators, you'll not only educate your clients about their purpose and benefits, but you'll also demonstrate your expertise and commitment to their success. Don't miss out on this opportunity to enhance your coaching services and grow your business!
We are currently in early access release of our embeddable endurance sport calculators. They are free to use for any coach. Check out all our calculators and join the early access list here and we’ll let you know once they are ready for you to embed on your website. Or just fill in the form below and we'll be in touch with the next steps to get the calculators live on your website.
Take our Free "Authentic" Marketing Course for Coaches
Designed for endurance sport coaches. Marketing doesn't need to be pushy. The best marketing simply creates a win-win relationship between you and your customers. Take the simple 6 part course to learn more.